What To Bring To Your Exam
- A list of all medications you are currently taking
- Your glasses or contact lenses. If you are coming in for a cataract evaluation or a new glasses prescription, please do not wear contact lenses for 3 days prior to the appointment.
- Sunglasses to wear on the way home (regardless of the weather)
- Medical insurance information and/or insurance card
- ID card or driver’s license
- Referral form from your primary care physician – when required
When You Arrive
Check in with the receptionist who will help you get registered. Please be aware that patient exams may take a few hours, especially if you are a new patient or require photographs or other tests. In addition, your appointment may require you to have your eyes dilated. Dilation will temporarily blur your vision and it is recommended you have someone drive you to your appointment.
If you have problems walking, please have someone accompany you to your appointment. If you have any questions, please call (313) 577-8900.
Payment for services is expected after each appointment. If you have any questions about your payment, please call (313) 577-8900.
The Kresge Eye Institute accepts Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, commercial insurance and many HMOs to the extent of their coverage, and Medicaid for physician referrals only. For particular questions regarding insurance, please call (313) 577-8900 and follow the prompts for billing.